With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today’s accountant needs a one-day update course focusing on business income tax issues. This comprehensive webinar will not only review the current Federal business income tax laws but will also update tax return preparers of new tax forms, changes to existing tax forms, as well as tax planning opportunities and pitfalls.
This webinar is a comprehensive review of the Federal business income tax provisions and tax forms/schedules that will affect the 2020 tax returns and 2021 tax projections with an emphasis on newly enacted tax legislation, court cases, and IRS guidance. Each participant will receive a comprehensive business income tax reference manual that includes numerous practice aids, real-world examples, new Federal income tax forms and schedules, as well as Pat Garverick’s Quick Reference Chart.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED:
- Discuss the SECURE & CURES Act business income tax provisions
- Review the business income tax provisions of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) including but not limited to A) The new lower corporate income tax rates and AMT repeal B) 20% qualified business income (QBI) deduction C) Changes to NOLs, business loss limitations, interest deduction, accounting method changes, fringe benefits, and entertainment expenses
- Changes to the Forms 1120, the 1120S, and 1065 and other related schedules and forms
- Recent changes to depreciation and §179 expense
- Issues related to compensation, distributions, liquidations, self-employment taxes, and retirement plans
J. Patrick Garverick is one of the most admired and best-reviewed Tax Speaker in the country and we are offering the classes at a much-discounted price during the pandemic. His courses have been best-reviewed time and again
- For Quality of Content
- For Relevance and Practical Case studies
- For Best Teaching Approach
- For Best Course Material
Awards and Accolades
- Award for Instructor Excellence for California Education Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Course materials for California Education Foundation.
- Rated top tax instructor in nearly every location he has presented
- One of the few instructors to have received perfect scores (multiple times) from attendees for both presentation skills and knowledge.