RECOMMENDED FOR ACCOUNTANTS, PAYROLL PERSONNEL, HUMAN RESOURCES, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PERSONNEL, TAX MANAGERS AND ATTORNEYS.
On May 31, 2019, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released a draft of the 2020 W-4 form and on December 5, 2019, released the final 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate that radically changes the way employee paychecks are calculated. Before changes, the Form W-4 was a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees and has had special processing requirements. The form includes major revisions, including several new input elements for federal income tax withholding calculations, which will require significant reprogramming of payroll systems
This webinar will prepare the payroll professionals to understand the changes to the Form W-4 for 2020 and to review the recently released draft of the 2020 W-4 Form. We will also discuss the IRS specific laws around the processing of Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed. Apart from that, this webinar would cover :
- The layout of the new Form W-4 and its requirements
- Withholding using 2020 Forms W-4 vs withholding using pre-2020 forms
- What to do with existing, "old" W-4s filled out by employees?
- How to handle moving expenses?
- Form 1099-NEC for reporting of independent contractors
- 2020 IRS Draft Form 1099-MISC Review
This webinar will prepare your staff for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of complaints from the IRS.