Session 1 - Tax Strategies for Real Estate: Crucial Insights (Part 1): Acquisition and Depreciation Strategies
The recent Tax reforms made a tremendous impact on commercial real estate, including liberalizing the depreciation provisions. This webinar will take an in-depth look at the current rules that tax practitioners will need to advise their clients on and will include a number of illustrative examples on bonus depreciation, construction, and improvement property scenarios. This CPE webinar will also offer real estate counsel thorough knowledge of the new depreciation rules enacted under the recent tax reform law and explain how the acquisition and improvement of real estate can be structured to take full advantage of tax depreciation.
Highlights of the webinar:
- Purchasing real estate
- Written allocation provisions
- Apportioning the purchase price to land and improvements
- How to break out the purchase price apportioned to improvements into its components: Building, land improvements, and personal property.
- Purchasing interests in a qualified opportunity fund.
- Which depreciation method works best for different types of properties?
Session 2 - Tax Strategies for Real Estate: Crucial Insights (Part 2)
The recent Tax reforms made a tremendous impact on commercial real estate. In this webinar, the presenter goes over the crucial provisions that directly and indirectly affect real estate and impacts the taxes significantly. The webinar covers an in-depth discussion on the current rules and practical applications and considerations related to the following key topics such as repairs, capital improvements, and interest deductions etc. The speaker takes the position of the tax and covers practical examples to explain the scenarios that successfully provide the overview of when to apply the discussed strategies successfully.
This webinar will cover the following Major Topics:
- Crucial strategies for recovering the cost of real estate
- Partial dispositions
- Removal costs
- Interest deductions
- Differentiate between repairs and capital improvements.
Session 3 - Crucial Insights for Real Estate: Part 3
The recent Tax reforms made a significant impact on commercial real estate. In this webinar, the presenter discusses crucial insights to efficiently save taxes in real estate income transactions. The speaker will refer to major and crucial tax provisions like Qualified Business income deduction. The webinar will take into account strategies discussed for various business entities like a partnership, LLC, and an S corporation etc. This will cover strategies for rental, development, redevelopment, reconstruction, construction, acquisition, conversion, operation, management, leasing, and brokerage businesses for the following topics.
This webinar will cover the following Key Topics:
- Crucial strategies for maximizing the QBID for real estate
- QBID treatment of rental real estate generally
- QBID treatment of rental real estate for triple net lease property
- How to maximizing UBIA (the “property” factor), and aggregation of rental properties
Session 4 - Crucial Insights for Real Estate: Part 4
The recent law changes have brought several important changes that owners of real estate properties are required to understand. In this webinar, the speaker will cover key provisions providing crucial insights for saving taxes in real estate income.
The new tax law includes several expanded breaks for real estate owners and one important negative change. How to apply the changes in real-world situations isn’t always clear based solely on the language of the law. The presenter helps with examples and explanations as to how tax benefits are provided and it can be taken benefits from.
This webinar will take a deep dive into the following key Subjects:
- The special tax considerations for real estate professionals
- Like-kind exchanges
- Dispositions of real property