If you owe the government money for unpaid sales and use taxes, it is possible to get a payment plan with them. These payment plans are commonly called Installment Payment Agreements (IPAs.) The government may require a significant amount of corporate and personal financial disclosures prior to agreeing to an installment payment agreement. In addition, the government often files a tax lien against you to secure the tax debt.
This online CPE course is designed to provide the audience with a basic understanding of what to do when sales tax is owed to the government. In this online continuing education course the speaker Mr. Mark Stone, CPA will also go over what the government will do if you cannot pay the sales tax, how to resolve a sales tax bill with the government, and the due diligence required when purchasing a business.
Key topics covered in this online CPE Tax webinar for professionals:
- Does the government offer payment plans?
- For how long do penalties and interest continue to accrue?
- Will the government waive penalties and interest?
- Will the government settle with me if I cannot afford the whole amount due?
- If I know I made a mistake, can I come forward voluntarily to avoid a problem?
- Does the government offer amnesty?
- What will the government do if the company does not pay a sales tax bill?
- What types of collection action does the government take?
- Does my sales tax bill expire?
- If I am buying a company, what due diligence must I perform related to sales tax?
- To discuss what to do when sales tax is owed to the government.
- To discuss what the government will do if you cannot pay the sales tax.
- To analyze how to resolve a sales tax bill with the government.
- To examine the due diligence required when purchasing a business.
- This IRS-Approved CE course is recommended for CPAs, EAs, AFSPs, Other Tax Professionals, Compliance Managers, Top Level Executives, and Business owners desiring to learn about the techniques to resolve sales tax bills.
Who Should Attend?
- Accounting Firm
- Accounting Managers
- Business Owner
- California Registered Tax Professional
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Valuation Analysts
- CPA (Industry)
- CPA - Mid Size Firm
- CPA - Small Firm
- Maryland Tax Preparers
- Oregon Tax Preparers
- Tax Attorney
- Tax Director (Industry)
- Tax Firm
- Tax Managers
- Tax Practitioners
- Tax Preparer
- Tax Professionals
- Tax Pros
- Young CPA