With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today’s accountant needs an S corporation course focusing on the hottest tax topics and most frequently encountered issues. This case-driven online CE/CPE webinar will deal with S corporation and shareholder developments addressing the most common, yet complex Federal S corporation issues and problems.
This online CE/CPE course will review S corporation tax law by looking at case studies addressing issues and problems at both the S corporation and shareholder level. Each attendee will receive the most comprehensive reference manual with numerous practice aids and real-world examples and case studies.
This online CPE/CE Tax webinar covers the following key topics:
- S Corporation Background.
- Requirements to make an S election (i.e., types and numbers of shareholders and second class of stock issues).
- Fixing late S corporation elections (i.e., Form 2553).
- S corporation formation (§351) and liquidation issues.
- Tax treatment for Transferor Shareholder and Transferee Corporation.
- S-Corporation compensation issues and Fringe Benefits.
- Revocation and termination of S corporations
- Overview of basis and loss limitations.
- Schedule K and K-1 – separately stated versus non-separately stated income and expense items
- Detailed Schedule K-1 (Form 1120s).
- Sale or Exchange of Interests in an S Corporation.
- Built-in gains tax and other planning opportunities when converting a C to S corporation
- Preparation of the Schedule M-2 and the ordering rules for distributions out of the AAA, PTI, E&P, and OAA accounts
- Detailed understanding of S Corporation Tax Forms.
J. Patrick Garverick is one of the most admired and best-reviewed Tax Speakers in the country and we are offering the classes at a much-discounted price. His courses have been best-reviewed by audiences for:
- Quality of Content
- Relevance and Practical Case studies
- Best Teaching Approach
- Best Course Material
Awards and Accolades
- Award for Instructor Excellence for California Education Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Course materials for California Education Foundation.
- Rated top tax instructor in nearly every location he has presented
- One of the few instructors to have received perfect scores (multiple times) from attendees for both presentation skills and knowledge.
During this CE webinar, you will get Free E-Book worth $200. The book will be shared with you during the webinar. The book is copyright protected.
Free E-Book Worth $200
Get copyright protected E-Book related to course worth $200 for absolutely free, if you register now. Limited Period offer!
- To inspect how to form an S corporation and calculate the entity's initial inside basis in the assets and shareholder’s stock basis.
- To review the operational issues during the growth and maturity of an S corporation.
- To analyze how the schedule K items, get allocated to the shareholders on their Schedule K-1 affecting stock and debt basis.
- To discuss how to prepare a Schedule M-2 and determine how distributions are treated to the shareholders.
- To comprehend the tax ramifications of liquidating an S corporation and the sale versus redemption of a shareholder's stock.
- This CE/CPE webinar is for any Professional or Staff interested in learning more about S Corporation (Form the 1120S).
- This IRS-approved CE course is recommended for CPA, EA, AFSP, CRTP, MRTP, ORTP, CFIRS, CWS, and Other Tax Professionals who want to have a comprehensive understanding of the formation & liquidation of S Corp.