IRS Form 1040 is the basic federal income tax form that almost every taxpayer in the U.S. must use. There are two main exceptions: non-resident aliens use Form 1040-NR and seniors have the option to file Form 1040-SR, which is nearly identical but has language tailored to taxpayers aged 65 and older. Certain individuals also don’t need to file a tax return, such as some single filers whose earned income is less than the standard deduction.
Constant changes to the tax code make Form 1040 preparation an ongoing adventure. This virtual CPE conference will give you the confidence to:
- Prepare tax forms, schedules and worksheets using the most recent forms available
- Gain a working knowledge of tax law
- Understand recent developments affecting individual tax returns
This virtual CE event provides a comprehensive understanding of Form 1040 complexities with regard to income items. It is essential for the tax practitioner who wants to update their knowledge of individual income taxation!Completed
Continuing Education Credits
The sessions of the conference qualifies for
- 4 CE Credit for all AFSP
- 4 CPE Credit of Taxes for CPA (US)
- 4 CE Credit for all EA
- 4 CE Credit for all Oregon Tax Preparer
- 4 CE Credit for all CTEC
- 4 CE Credit for all Maryland Tax Preparer
- This IRS-approved CE virtual event is recommended for CPA, EA, AFSP, and Other Tax Professionals in public practice, who advise, research, or otherwise is engaged in review or filing of individual tax returns.
- CPAs, Enrolled Agents, accountants, and financial advisors who work with and advise individuals that have tax implications.
- This CPE virtual conference will prove insightful for CPAs and Tax Professionals who have limited experience with individual tax return and are interested in expanding their knowledge base.
- Tax practitioners who would like an update on current developments in tax law in a way that is easy to understand and apply.
Partner , Porte Brown
Sep 23rd, 2021
12:00 PM – 02:00 PM
1040 Returns: Overview of the return, filing statuses, due dates etc.
Form 1040 is the standard Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form that individual taxpayers use to file their annual income tax returns. The form contains sections that require taxpayers to disclose their taxable income for the year to determine whether additional taxes are owed or whether the filer will receive a tax refund.
Major topics covered in this CE session:
- Form 1040 US Individual Tax return
- Types of Form 1040
- To describe the overview of the return
- To determine the filing status
- To discuss the due dates
- 2 CE credit of for all AFSP
- 2 CPE credit of Taxes for all CPA (US)
- 2 CE credit of for all EA ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00669-21-O )
- 2 CE credit of for all Oregon Tax Preparer ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00669-21-O )
- 2 CE credit of for all CTEC ( Course No. 6273-CE-0631 )
- 2 CE credit of for all Maryland Tax Preparer ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00669-21-O )
Group Internet Based
Sep 23rd, 2021
02:00 PM – 04:00 PM
W-2s, 1099s etc.
Why file Form 1099 and Form W-2? It’s the law – and the IRS is increasing enforcement in this area.
Who must issue 1099? Any business – regardless of its structure (sole proprietor, corporation, etc) that makes "reportable transactions" during the year is requires to issue 1099 to the recipient of income and to the IRS.
In this CE session of this virtual CE conference, we will review the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and 1099 and the speaker will provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny.
The requirements are always changing, and answers are seldom clear-cut. This CPE session will de-mystify some of the tricky areas relating to Form 1099 and Form W-2
Major topics covered in this online CPE/CE session:
- What constitutes a reportable transaction?
- What are the best practices for handling our information reporting obligations?
- How can we minimize the risk of improper exemption claims by our payees and vendors?
- To identify the rules requiring W-2 documentation and 1099 reporting for various types of forms.
- To recognize the rules and keep your company in compliance.
- To identify that your records are correct and will stand the scrutiny of an IRS 3rd Party Documentation and Reporting audit.
- 2 CE credit of for all AFSP
- 2 CPE credit of Taxes for all CPA (US)
- 2 CE credit of for all EA ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00673-21-O )
- 2 CE credit of for all Oregon Tax Preparer ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00673-21-O )
- 2 CE credit of for all CTEC ( Course No. 6273-CE-0635 )
- 2 CE credit of for all Maryland Tax Preparer ( Course No. GEHNZ-T-00673-21-O )
Group Internet Based
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a virtual event and shall be held on Zoom Application. The handout material for each session shall be available for download on the conference/workshop detail page.
Virtual conference with myCPE is enveloped around a theme or subject or driven towards a particular audience, and is designed to be more collaborative; with a tremendously interactive agenda, panel discussions, and gives an option to all participants being able to turn their web cameras on and participate more actively. Virtual conference offers multiple sessions over a longer time frame of more than 8 hours. Virtual conferences help build a community or initiate networking opportunities.
The duration of this event can be seen below its title. The credits for this conference/workshop are also mentioned below the title.
The Specific Takeaways and the purpose of this event is mentioned in the ‘Overview’ and ‘Session Details’. Additionally, by attending a Live Virtual Event you can experience the interactivity equivalent to an in-person conference without having to leave your screens or risk your lives especially post pandemic situations. Nevertheless, bulk CPE/CE is an icing on the cake.
myCPE is seamlessly integrated with ZOOM for conducting continuing education events. Please ensure that you check the system requirements before the event starts. The system requirements are :
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone (required in case of interactive sessions) – Built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in, USB plug-in (required in case of interactive sessions)
- CLICK HERE to view the System Requirements for Zoom.
There is an official break scheduled for this workshop/events. Other than the scheduled break, the in-session breaks shall be available at discretion of the speaker.
A live virtual event enables remote participants to access live, interactive networking opportunities and content through their computers/other digital devices, no matter where they are located. These events can be conducted in multiple formats;
Conference: A virtual conference is an activity, organised in a way that participants can meet and discuss themes of common interest through the use of communication tools at a central location on the Internet
Workshop: A workshop is not very different from a conference. The key point that makes a workshop unique is that it is a brief intensive educational program for a relatively small group of people that focuses especially on techniques and skills in a particular field.
The myCPE virtual events are designed to impart education around a specific theme or subject from a basic to an advanced level, which is why we do not recommend you to leave the event in between. However, if you had to leave the event because of some unforeseen circumstances, you would be granted the credits for the sessions that you attended completely and wherein you answered all the polling questions.
The recording of the event can be made available to you, on request. You can reach out to us at email@example.com or can also let us know through live chat support if you need a recording for this event. However, the recording shall not be available for Continuing Education Credits.
You can cancel your registration for a premium conference/workshop at any time before the start of the event. Upon successful cancellation the entire amount shall be credited to your myCPE wallet within 24-48 working hours. The balance in your myCPE wallet can be used to register for premium live webinars, premium self-study webinars, myCPE package courses or any other future virtual conference/workshop.
All the upcoming virtual events can be seen listed under the ‘Virtual Events’ tab on the homepage of myCPE (www.my-cpe.com).
A unique joining link will be shared with you on your registered email ID once you have registered for a conference. You can join in using the unique link at the scheduled time of the event. Also, the events that you have registered for are visible in your myCPE account under ‘My Virtual Events’ section >> under the ‘Upcoming Virtual Events’ tab. CLICK HERE to login to your account.
myCPE recommends that you verify if your digital device is compatible with the ZOOM software prior to attending the live events on myCPE (www.my-cpe.com)
For every Session you attend in a Virtual Event, you need to remain logged into the session till the end and answer the polling questions asked during the event. Once you have fulfilled these two criteria, you shall receive an evaluation form in the next 24 hours. You will receive an email with the link to complete the evaluation form and it will also be available in your myCPE account under the 'My Virtual Events’ section, under the 'Pending Evaluation' tab. Once you complete the evaluation form, you will receive an email with your credit certificates and the same shall also be available in your myCPE account under the 'My Certificates' tab. The link in the certificate email is for downloading the certificates. If the event qualifies for multiple certificates, each certificate will be available for download.
Once you complete the evaluation form, you will receive an email with your credit certificates and the same shall also be available in your myCPE account under the 'My Certificates' tab. The link in the certificate email is for downloading the certificates. If the event qualifies for multiple certificates, each certificate will be available for download
During every conference the chat panel shall always be open. You can mention the issue faced by you in the chat panel and our moderator will take it up for resolution shortly. You can also reach out to our support team in the live chat support or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, each live virtual conference/workshop shall be recorded and the recording of the same can be made available to on request. However, the recording shall not be eligible for continuing education credits.
If you’re a new user, you will have to sign-up at www.my-cpe.com to register for a virtual event. Click Here for a free sign up to myCPE. If you’re an existing user, you need to log in to your myCPE account.
Once you’re logged into your myCPE account, you can click on the ‘Virtual Event’ tab, scroll down to view the upcoming Virtual Events. There is a Register Button on each event detail page. Once you click on REGISTER, you will receive a prompt pop up that you have registered for the event. If it is a premium event then you will first be redirected to the payment page and after paying the amount you will receive a prompt pop up that you have registered for the event.
You can cancel your registration to any event from your myCPE account. Look under My Virtual Events >Upcoming Events. Simply click “Cancel Event” against the event that you do not wish to attend. If you cancel your registration for any paid event, the amount shall be credited in your myCPE wallet within 24-48 hours.