With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today’s accountant needs a one-day update course focusing on individual income tax issues. This comprehensive webinar will not only review the current Federal individual income tax laws but will also update tax return preparers of new tax forms, changes to existing tax forms, as well as tax planning opportunities and pitfalls.
This webinar is a comprehensive review of the Federal individual income tax provisions and tax forms/schedules that will affect the 2020 tax returns and 2021 tax projections with an emphasis on newly enacted tax legislation, court cases, and IRS guidance. Each participant will receive a comprehensive individual income tax reference manual that includes numerous practice aids, real-world examples, new Federal income tax forms and schedules, and Pat Garverick’s Quick Reference Chart.
Highlights of the webinar :
- Discuss the SECURE & CURES Act individual income tax provisions
- Review the individual income tax provisions of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) including but not limited to A) The 20% qualified business income (QBI) deduction B) Changes to the income tax rates, kiddie tax computation, AMT, personal exemptions, itemized deductions, child tax credit, NOLs, business loss limitations, interest deduction, accounting method changes and income exclusions
- Changes to the Form 1040 and other related schedules and forms
- Cover issues related to the various taxes - i.e. income, capital gain, self-employment and alternative minimum tax (AMT).
- Review changes to depreciation, itemized deductions, adjustments to income, passive activities and tax credits
J. Patrick Garverick is one of the most admired and best-reviewed Tax Speaker in the country and we are offering the classes at a much-discounted price during the pandemic. His courses have been best-reviewed time and again
- For Quality of Content
- For Relevance and Practical Case studies
- For Best Teaching Approach
- For Best Course Material
Awards and Accolades
- Award for Instructor Excellence for California Education Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Course materials for California Education Foundation.
- Rated top tax instructor in nearly every location he has presented
- One of the few instructors to have received perfect scores (multiple times) from attendees for both presentation skills and knowledge.
This is a “must-attend” webinar for all tax practitioners such as CPAs, EAs, Tax Preparers, and other Tax Professionals who want to be up to speed quickly and have a successful Federal individual income tax filing season.