With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today’s accountant needs an S corporation course focusing on the hottest tax topics and most frequently encountered issues. This case-driven course will deal with both S corporation and shareholder developments addressing the most common, yet complex Federal S corporation issues and problems.
This class will review S corporation tax law by looking at case studies addressing issues and problems at both the S corporation and shareholder level. Each attendee will receive the most comprehensive reference manual with numerous practice aids and real-world examples and case studies. Topics include but are not limited to:
- An extensive review of the S corporation tax laws with an emphasis on any new legislative changes (SECURE & CURES Act) including the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) new 20% qualified business income (QBI) deduction and changes to the interest deduction, fringe benefits, and entertainment expenses
- Requirements to make an S election (i.e., types and numbers of shareholders and the second class of stock issues)
- Fixing late S corporation elections (i.e. Form 2553)
- S corporation formation (§351) and liquidation issues
- Revocation and termination of S corporations
- Schedule K and K-1 – separately & non-separately stated income and expense items
- Compensation issues including the tax treatment of fringe benefits
- Built-in gains tax and other planning opportunities when converting a C to S corporation
- Preparation of the Schedule M-2 and the ordering rules for distributions out of the AAA, PTI, E&P and OAA accounts
- Tax treatment of stock redemptions (sale or distribution?)
- Overview of a shareholder stock and debt basis and deductibility of losses
J. Patrick Garverick is one of the most admired and best-reviewed Tax Speaker in the country and we are offering the classes at a much-discounted price during the pandemic. His courses have been best-reviewed time and again
- For Quality of Content
- For Relevance and Practical Case studies
- For Best Teaching Approach
- For Best Course Material
Awards and Accolades
- Award for Instructor Excellence for California Education Foundation
- Award for Outstanding Course materials for California Education Foundation.
- Rated top tax instructor in nearly every location he has presented
- One of the few instructors to have received perfect scores (multiple times) from attendees for both presentation skills and knowledge.
After registering for this webinar you will get Free E-Book worth $200. The book would be emailed to you, a day before the webinar on your registered email address on myCPE. The book is copyright protected.