Tax Cut and Jobs Act left a huge impact on Commercial real estate and its depreciation provisions. The legislation has provided more incentives recently to attract investment in capital assets through depreciation alternatives for business property and its expansion. These incentives are designed in such a way that is expected to provide a boost to economic activity and its growth.
In September, the IRS released final regulations regarding bonus depreciation. These 137 pages of final regulations reflect and further clarify the increased deduction and the expansion of the qualified property, particularly to certain classes of used property, authorized by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. These final regulations generally affect taxpayers who depreciate qualified property acquired and placed in service after September 27, 2017.
This webinar will cover these regulations and more deprecation issues.
Key topics included in the webinar:
- Discussion on final regulation released in September
- Section 179 Expensing – When should it be used?
- Solving entity issues – Personal and Business rental property
- The major changes in vehicle depreciation
- An alternative method of Depreciation – when should they be used?
- Identifying key changes to the CARES Act for Qualified Improvement Property
This webinar is going to be a key input provider for the practitioners having clients with significant Real Estate and depreciation exposure.