Roth conversions have always had the potential to unlock hidden value. Today’s Market Conditions and the no RMD rule in 2020 are creating some unique opportunities. One emerging strategy is to trade your RMD amount for a Roth conversion. This appears to be a promising opportunity for many clients.
Before Secure Act, it was perhaps simple nominal conversions to take advantage of a low-income year. However, the SECURE Act expands the impact of Roth conversions beyond a quantitative arbitrage game to a strategic estate planning set of issues that should be of interest to all lawyers, trust officers, insurance and financial advisors and CPAs. The paradigm shift from life expectancy distributions to a 10-year distribution is at its core a mathematical problem. Therefore, quantitative driven strategies can mitigate the impact of lost deferral and Roth conversions will be the primary tool for most families.
That’s why you will want to be sure to join us and nationally renowned CPA and IRA planning expert, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA, for a brand-new program entitled, “Tactical and Strategic Roth Conversions in 2020”.
During this CPE webinar, Bob will cover the following issues:
- Low value Roth conversions
- Taking advantage of 2020’s no RMD rule
- Roth conversions equal to the forgiven RMD
- Critical Roth conversion concepts after the SECURE Act
- Critical strategies by profession and objectives
- Roth conversions for rate arbitrage compared to traditional IRAs to trusts
- Over 10 reasons why clients should consider converting to a Roth IRA
- Taxation of Roth IRA conversions and distributions
- Easy to read conversion tables by common scenarios
- How to use and analyze Roth conversion software
- Mathematics of Roth IRA conversions
- Timing of Roth IRA conversions to gain tax rate arbitrage
- Estate tax considerations, including why a Roth conversion is much better when an estate tax exists
- The SECURE Act’s 10-year payout rule and the high tax rates to follow
- “Stretch” Roth IRAs for eligible designated beneficiaries
- How to utilize Roth IRAs for clients with special needs and asset protection concerns
- Utilizing Roth IRAs to fund long-term care strategies
- Hedging Roth conversions with life insurance
- Using insurance to preserve post-death “stretch-out”
- Tax-sensitive withdrawal strategies
- Why a conversion is a “Bet-to-Live” Strategy (and why insurance is a “Bet-to-Die” Strategy!)
- Hedging Roth IRAs with Insurance
- Plus, you will also receive easy-to-follow charts, graphs and tables that you can use with your clients!
This is not a webinar designed to help only wealthy clients. The information you receive in this course will be helpful to advise the mass-affluent and you will receive practical tools that you can actually use right in your practice!