With merger and acquisition activity at an all-time high, accountants have to know how to apply IFRS 3 - Business Combinations. Accountants need to know the rules for integrating the acquired company's assets, liabilities, and equity, and how to assign fair values to them, advise management on the choice of options offered by this standard, including all of the required disclosures, and meet all financial statement presentation requirements.
To be up to date on how to account for business combinations in IFRS, this webinar will provide what you need to know to confidently apply this standard. This webinar will also provide you with easy-to-follow guidelines that will ensure that you can comply with this standard.
Major Topics Covered:
- Understand the recognition and measurement in its financial statements of the identifiable assets acquired, the liabilities assumed, and any non-controlling interest in the “acquiree”
- Apply the recognition and measurement of goodwill acquired in the business combination
- Nature and financial effects of the business combination.
- Review assets acquired and liabilities assumed at their acquisition-date fair values
- Understand how IFRS provides accounting requirements for reacquired rights, contingent liabilities, contingent consideration and indemnification assets
- Disclosure requirements
- Financial statement presentation